Battery State-of-Health (SOH) Estimation, University of Colorado System
In this course, you will learn how to implement different state-of-health estimation methods and to evaluate their relative merits. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the primary degradation mechanisms that occur in lithium-ion cells and understand how they work
- Execute provided Octave/MATLAB script to estimate total capacity using WLS, WTLS, and AWTLS methods and lab-test data, and to evaluate results
- Compute confidence intervals on total-capacity estimates
- Compute estimates of a cell’s equivalent-series resistance using lab-test data
- Specify the tradeoffs between joint and dual estimation of state and parameters, and steps that must be taken to ensure robust estimates (honors)...