创建者 Ankai Xu•
Mar 05, 2019
The peer-reviewed assign
创建者 Shawn McKenzie•
Mar 01, 2019
I have been progressing through all the courses in this specialization and, overall, the courses have been of tremendous value to me. However, it's really not the courses themselves but the book that goes along with the courses that deserves the four and five star ratings I have previously given (these courses are really nothing more than "read the book" and "take the assignments"). Nevertheless, the knowledge gained is not easily available elsewhere. 80% of this visualization course (i.e. the book) was excellent and I give it top marks. The other 20%, starting with the grid system section to the end of the book, was terrible. These sections need a complete rewrite as they are barely comprehensible and certainly not comprehensive. The final assignment does not test you on how much you learned in the course, rather it tests you on how much time you spend on your own finding other relevant sources of information on the internet to figure it out. Also, I don't understand why creating a custom geom would be a more important software development skill than R Shiny for example, given that having the ability to develop interactive apps is critical to visualization. I will give this course 3 1/2 stars, rounded down to 3 since coursera won't allow a half star. I hope the authors take what I have to say as an opportunity for improvement since I have benefited tremendously from this specialization so far and I would like to see it improved in certain areas.
创建者 Shengdi WANG•
Jan 23, 2019
Content on ggplot2 framework is solid. However, no video or explanation to complement the textbook, students are expected to learn by reading solely.
Final assignment requires prior R programming knowledge, which is not taught in this course. This can lead to frustration in the end. Probably those who are enrolled in the entire specialization will find this assignment more manageable. I personally had to spend more than 20 hours on this supposedly 4-hour assignment.
创建者 Antonio M. Giraldi•
Nov 17, 2018
Great course! You'll learn a lot about the graphic capabilities of R. However, I think there are some things that need to be explained before one goes on to complete the final project.
创建者 Steve Ewing•
Aug 02, 2018
I wish there were videos and not just reading a website but the content is really top notch. I will definitely be using what I've learned in the future.
创建者 Ganapathi Nayak K•
Jun 06, 2018
创建者 Sandjaja Budiman•
May 01, 2018
It is a very good course, but feels a bit more hands-off than the other 3 preceding courses in the Mastering Software Development in R certificate.
创建者 JEEWESH KUMAR JHA•
Nov 01, 2017
创建者 Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff•
Oct 14, 2017
The way last exam is presented makes student lean towards unconcise programming
创建者 Maurizio Clemente•
Oct 12, 2017
Great gap between teaching and what is required to pass the course. Unnecessarily difficult.
The didactic material is not compelling.