Digital Manufacturing & Design Technology 专项课程
Understand Manufacturing’s Fourth Revolution. Learn how manufacturing is evolving with advances in digital-based technology.
Learners will create a roadmap to achieve their own personal goals related to the digital manufacturing and design (DM&D) profession, which will help them leverage relevant opportunities. The culminating project provides a tangible element to include in their professional portfolios that showcases their knowledge of Industry 4.0.
The University at Buffalo (UB) is a premier, research-intensive public university and the largest, most comprehensive institution of the State University of New York (SUNY) system. UB offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and nearly 300 graduate and professional programs.
The State University of New York, with 64 unique institutions, is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States. Educating nearly 468,000 students in more than 7,500 degree and certificate programs both on campus and online, SUNY has nearly 3 million alumni around the globe.
Can I just enroll in a single course?
Can I take the course for free?
此课程是 100% 在线学习吗？是否需要现场参加课程？
There is no background knowledge, in particular, that is necessary to take this course. We recommend at least a high school education and interest in how an idea becomes a prototype, a prototype becomes a product, and a product becomes a consumable.
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
We strongly urge you begin by taking the following three courses first, in this order: Digital Manufacturing & Design, Digital Thread: Components, and Digital Thread: Implementation. The MBSE: Model-Based Systems Engineering course should be taken at the very end. Everything in between may be taken in any order desired.
Will I earn university credit for completing the Specialization?
Upon Specialization completion, you will have determined your skill levels in relation to the digital manufacturing and design industry, identified a future manufacturing career path that you are interested in pursuing, and examined the community in which you live to recognize and embark on the opportunities that exist. Additionally, you will gain the confidence to have intelligent, fact-based dialogues, either in informal or professional conversations, about:
· How advances in technology are shaping the "factory of the future" in a new phase of industrial revolution popularly referred to as "Industry 4.0," which encompasses the Internet of Things (IoT). The fusion of technologies resulting in IoT will make our lives more exciting, intelligent, interactive and innovative than ever before!
· Social factors like the US-China trade imbalance and accelerated technology obsolescence that are driving the need for disruptive innovation in the manufacturing world.
· The world of the "Digital Thread," where design of a new product and its manufacturing can occur simultaneously (instead of in sequence), resulting in significantly faster product launches, superior quality and competitive prices.
· The unimaginably large amount of data that the next generation of manufacturing will handle, and how "super computers" and "high power computing" will be able to transform it into actionable information with ease, speed and accuracy.
· How robots are used to make rapid and reliable decisions, consequently making the production shop floor into an "Intelligent Machining" environment.