Whether you’re a high school graduate exploring manufacturing careers, or an operations manager hungry for an understanding of the newest manufacturing technologies, this specialization will provide a foundation in how digital advances are changing the landscape and capabilities of factories. Nine courses – developed with input from the manufacturing industry – touch on Industry 4.0 and its components, including digital manufacturing and design practices, the concept of the digital thread, the Internet of Things and Big Data. To learn more about the Digital Manufacturing and Design Technology specialization, please watch the overview video by copying and pasting the following link into your web browser: https://youtu.be/wETK1O9c-CA
Digital Manufacturing & Design Technology 专项课程
Understand Manufacturing’s Fourth Revolution. Learn how manufacturing is evolving with advances in digital-based technology.
此课程是 100% 在线学习吗？是否需要现场参加课程？
Time to completion can vary based on your schedule, but learners can expect to complete the Specialization in 7 to 10 months.
What background knowledge is necessary?
There is no background knowledge, in particular, that is necessary to take this course. We recommend at least a high school education and interest in how an idea becomes a prototype, a prototype becomes a product, and a product becomes a consumable.
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
We strongly urge you begin by taking the following three courses first, in this order: Digital Manufacturing & Design, Digital Thread: Components, and Digital Thread: Implementation. The MBSE: Model-Based Systems Engineering course should be taken at the very end. Everything in between may be taken in any order desired.
What will I be able to do upon completing the Specialization?
Upon Specialization completion, you will have determined your skill levels in relation to the digital manufacturing and design industry, identified a future manufacturing career path that you are interested in pursuing, and examined the community in which you live to recognize and embark on the opportunities that exist. Additionally, you will gain the confidence to have intelligent, fact-based dialogues, either in informal or professional conversations, about:
· How advances in technology are shaping the "factory of the future" in a new phase of industrial revolution popularly referred to as "Industry 4.0," which encompasses the Internet of Things (IoT). The fusion of technologies resulting in IoT will make our lives more exciting, intelligent, interactive and innovative than ever before!
· Social factors like the US-China trade imbalance and accelerated technology obsolescence that are driving the need for disruptive innovation in the manufacturing world.
· The world of the "Digital Thread," where design of a new product and its manufacturing can occur simultaneously (instead of in sequence), resulting in significantly faster product launches, superior quality and competitive prices.
· The unimaginably large amount of data that the next generation of manufacturing will handle, and how "super computers" and "high power computing" will be able to transform it into actionable information with ease, speed and accuracy.
· How robots are used to make rapid and reliable decisions, consequently making the production shop floor into an "Intelligent Machining" environment.