In Value, you will explore the most powerful generator of value in the world – ideas. Ideas are the engines of productivity, both in the private and public sectors. You will learn about the universal frameworks that determine how ideas and money interact, leading to the allocation of financial resources. We will identify components of cash flow for any project, business or venture as the most essential ingredients of value. We also assess the investment techniques used to give life to some ideas while killing others. This course will help you understand pricing, diversification, uncertainty and even behavioural approaches to dealing with risk. Using Nobel Prize-winning insights, you will learn how to measure the size of the risk premium and build valuation models. We’ll even connect evidence-based science with common-sense analysis to give you better tools for understanding why values are what they are, and for positioning yourself more effectively to participate in financial markets. You will be immersed in case based learning to integrate some of the powerful frameworks introduced in Value.
关于 Finance for Everyone 专项课程
What will I be able to do upon completing this course?
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
1. Familiarize yourself with valuation techniques.
2. Describe the importance of cash flows, assumptions and components.
3. Develop your understanding of market perfection, correction, and ways to prepare yourself against financial turbulence.
4. Perform financial calculations with accuracy.
5. Build confidence in your ability to assess value.
6. Relate important financial concepts and issues to experiences in your daily life and the real world.
7. Engage with news that matters to you by linking it to value creation or destruction.
8. Apply basic financial concepts to problem-solve individually and collaboratively.
How long does it take to complete this course?
The course is structured to be 4 weeks in length.
How often is this course offered?
This course will be offered every month.
What background knowledge is necessary?
No previous knowledge is required. It is recommended that learners have basic mathematics knowledge.