Communication Skills for Engineers 专项课程
Build Your Engineering Communication Toolkit. Build a toolkit of communication skills that gives you the confidence to be an engineering leader.
At the specialization level, each week you will complete a series of self-assessments leading to a development of a Personal Communication Improvements Plan. In the Oral Communication course, you will complete a series of assignments culminating in a real-life presentation on a topic important to your organization or you personally. In the Interpersonal Communication course, you will develop your Personal Brand pitch and a toolbox of technique to communicate with different people in different situations. In the course on writing, you will improve documents you distribute to your co-workers, supervisors, and clients.
Rice University is consistently ranked among the top 20 universities in the U.S. and the top 100 in the world. Rice has highly respected schools of Architecture, Business, Continuing Studies, Engineering, Humanities, Music, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences and is home to the Baker Institute for Public Policy.
Can I just enroll in a single course?
Can I take the course for free?
此课程是 100% 在线学习吗？是否需要现场参加课程？
No specific background is required—this Specialization is ideal for professional engineers who are interested in advancing into leadership and management roles.
Will I earn university credit for completing the Specialization?
You will not earn university credit for completing the Specialization. This Specialization is part of the Certificate in Engineering Management and Leadership from Rice University. Upon completing this Specialization, you will earn a university-recognized professional Certificate.
When students have completed this specialization, they will be able to do the following:
· Apply communication strategy by developing messages and content for different technical and nontechnical audiences and purposes
· Deliver strong persuasive oral presentations with confidence
· Write a variety of business and technical documents with clarity and conciseness
· Target appropriate online media and use them for effective communication
· Understand how to communicate in global, multigenerational, and gender diverse environments
· Effectively communicate in a crisis situation
· Exhibit leadership presence
· Effectively engage in professional interpersonal communication
· Develop and implement a personal communication improvement plan
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
We highly recommend that you take the courses in the following order: Oral Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Writing.